- This event has passed.
Founders of Color Showcase
Did you know that less than 3% of venture capital in the United States goes to women-led teams(1) and only 1% goes to Black and Latinx founders(2), 0.32% to Latinx women, and 0.0006% goes to Black women (3)? We want to change this!
Join other like-minded funds, angel groups, and other investors/entities with an investment thesis that includes investing in scalable companies led by founders of color.
Next Wave Impact is convening this showcase as part of Next Wave Impact’s Investor Summit and the Angel Capital Association’s Annual Summit. We will have up to 10 finalists presenting their companies at the Showcase that evening.
We’d like you to attend this event with the intent of investing in one or more of these companies after undertaking your own due diligence or in collaboration with others. We would also like you to suggest U.S. companies to present. We are going to prioritize U.S. companies that are currently raising funding rounds, that our partners are considering for investment or are already investing, and/or that fit the investment theses of the investors attending this event. Ideally, investments will be completed no later than June 30th, 2020.
- 5-6 pm: Wine Reception with Hors D’Oeuvres
- 6-6:15–Opening Remarks
- 6:15-7:45 Showcase and Judges’ Feedback
- 8 – 8:30 Awards Reception
If you are an investor interested in attending the summit, partnering with us, and/or recommending a company, please fill out this FORM.
- January and February: Open Application Period (Deadline February 29th, 2020)
- March: Initial screening and interviews
- April: Due diligence and selection of finalists
- Monday, May 11th, 2020: Founder Showcase 5-8 pm
If you are a founder of color and are interested in applying to present at the showcase, please fill out the following FORM if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Legally incorporated as a U.S. for-profit entity (B corporations are eligible)
- Seeking to scale
- Currently raising a Pre-Seed or Seed Stage funding round
- Your company has a social impact focus; your company is addressing a pressing social or environmental problem and/or creates a positive social impact on people and/or the planet
- Founded and led by people of color (majority-owned and led).