Here at SVC, we are proud of the everyday milestones our members are accomplishing. Every month, we round up their achievements to share with our community. Below, you’ll see just some of the impact our members are making in the world. Congratulations to our members, and keep up the great work!
- Tom Szaky and Terracycle is featured as a CNN Risk Taker for his work in increasing recycling efforts, re-designing reusable packaging materials, and getting the biggest brands involved. Tom and Terracycle are also featured on Fortune Magazine’s ‘Change the World’ list.
- Lifeguides announces $1M follow-on funding from North Shore Venture Partners. Read more here.
- Steph Spiers of Solstice and Eileen Fisher make the 100 Women Building America’s Most Innovative and Ambitious Businesses List from Inc. Magazine. See the full list here.
- Jenny Kassan has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Crowdfunding Professional Association. The Board of Directors is a committed group of industry leaders and operators across the Alternative Finance landscape including Crowdfunding platforms, legal, financial and accounting professionals, academic thought leaders, and globally recognized industry advocates.
- Nona Lim is included in the Whole Foods Top 10 Food Trends for 2020 for her signature bone broths! See it here.
- As You Sow is included in this article on CNBC about tools for sustainable investing.
- Also on CNBC, Calvert Impact Capital is featured on this piece about new investments to prevent California wildfires. Read it here.
- Common Future CEO Rodney Foxworth is featured on Devex about breaking away from the ‘exploitation and extraction’ investment strategy and into an economy that benefits many, rather than a few.
- Renewal Funds, co-founded by Joel Solomon, closes fourth impact fund at $109 million.
- Announcing the B2B Social Enterprise Directory, the new SVC and One World resource that connects innovative socially-driven startups & small businesses with corporates and larger enterprises. More access to new partnerships + new business opportunities = a stronger social impact ecosystem. Access the beta version here.
- November 6th: Angel Capital Association (ACA) is holding a webinar entitled “Should Angels Be Able to Force Exits?” Free for SVC Members.
Applications are now open through November 10, 2019 for Bethesda Green’s Spring 2020 Accelerator Cohort! They’re looking for eco-entrepreneurs who have achieved product market fit and are ready to scale. Specifically, they’re looking for companies that have environmental sustainability woven into the fabric of their business models, or otherwise contribute to a sustainable and responsible food supply chain. For information on program benefits, minimum requirements, upcoming open house events, and application details, click here.
- New England International Donors (NEID) upcoming Impact Investment Series: This is a four-part series open to the public, beginning on November 20, 2019. Speakers for this series include:
- Owóksape, which translates to “learning place” in Lakota, is an online language learning portal devoted entirely to the Lakota language. The first of its kind, Owóksape provides Lakota speaking and learning communities with an innovative and cutting-edge tool for revitalizing and learning the Lakota language. Owóksape will allow thousands of Lakota a way to learn their ancestral language. The project is looking for tech support in the form of in-kind donations to help expand this resource. If you or someone you know would like to help, get in contact here.