APPLY TO PITCH
SVC accepts applications on a rolling basis year round with these parameters
Venture Criteria :
- Early-stage, for-profit ventures solving social and/or environmental issues
- Companies with headquarters and/or significant operating presence and impact in one of our local networks: New York Area, Pennsylvania, Colorado, North Carolina, New England, and Bay Area.
- Raising between $200k to $3M
- Have gone to market and achieved some degree of traction
- Post-proof-of-concept, demonstrated by contracts, revenues, strategic partnerships, etc.
- Planning to scale and pursuing an appropriate exit strategy
SVC continuously seeks applications for Local Network pitch meetings in the NY Metro area, Pennsylvania, Colorado, North Carolina, New England and Bay Area. If you are based in one of these geographies or have a significant operating presence there, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for local pitch meetings in these geographies. Companies not based in these states should inquire here about the possibility to pitch to SVC members. SVC will post additional national and virtual pitch opportunities as they arise.
You only need to apply once to SVC; your application will automatically be considered for as many pitch opportunities as possible.
The fee to apply is $25.
Native Showcase Presented by Social Venture Circle and Bush Foundation
Apply (or nominate a company) for SVC’s Native American Showcase! This pitch event will take place in the Twin Cities (MN) on a to-be-determined date in the Fall of 2020 and we have open applications starting March 9, 2020 as there will be training, meetings and opportunities to connect throughout the year. The Showcase will feature 6-10 Native American owned impact businesses (individual or tribal) which will be showcased in person to our local impact investors and further virtually socialized around our entire network.
If you are a company or know one (or more) that meets the following criteria, we encourage you to apply directly or nominate them for consideration. The Native businesses must be based in the Upper Midwest region preferably from Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wisconsin or nearby surrounding areas.
- Upper Midwest based
- Native American majority owned (individual or tribal)
- Early-stage, for-profit impact enterprises addressing one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Preferably raising between $50,000 and $3 million
- Achieved some degree of traction
- Post proof-of-concept, demonstrated by contracts, revenues, strategic partnerships, etc.
- Planning to scale and/or pursue an appropriate exit strategy
To NOMINATE a company please email [email protected]
To APPLY directly as a Company please do so here
Early applications are encouraged as SVC will be holding workshops and one on one training for applicants, however the final deadline to apply is August 14, 2020.
Note to Applicants: We have one application for all of our pitch events at SVC. You will be taken to a general form via the GUST platform. There will be an opportunity to indicate that you are interested in being considered specifically for the Native Showcase but you will also be eligible for general consideration. When applying please send an email to Elizabeth Burger [email protected] to alert us that you have applied. You may also contact Elizabeth with any questions.
Applicants will also be considered for other relevant SVC local network pitching opportunities and for the SVC Energy & Environment Investor Group (meets virtually each quarter).
Pitch to the SVC Community
Million in investments
-Sabari Raja, Co-founder & CEO, Nepris
“I’m so grateful for the commitment to impact from our investment team that has allowed us to focus on what matters most.” -Brian Hill, Founder & CEO, Edovo
Our investment sectors
- Agriculture & Food Systems
- Base of the Pyramid
- Community & Economic Development
- Energy & Environmental Sustainability
- Financial Technology & Financial Inclusion
- Health & Wellness
- Impact Software & Media
- Sustainable Consumer Products